Translate

Monday, September 15, 2014

WTF You Mean, "Show Me Something Like It?!?"

Building the first prototype for SPR was rough. I had done much on my own, but I knew the day would come  when I would need assistance to proceed any further, so I began searching for developers.  I skimmed the internet and made contact with several app companies, all to discover one very intriguing commonality. Each one was reluctant to take chances. Time and time again I was asked "Is there anything like your app in the store already?", "Which app is it most functionally similar to?" Or, my personal favorite, "Can you show me something like it?", to which I would benevolently reply, "No I can't, because it's the first of its kind." What bothered me the most about this question was the lack of vision by the very people who were suppose to be visionaries.

Moreover, you wouldn't believe how many times I was told that the idea just simply wouldn't work. And each time I would think, "It doesn't matter what you think, if I'm paying you to make it, just make it!!" But it was only later that I realized, after finally finding the perfect team, that it actually did matter. Working beside people that shared my vision and were willing to go the distance to see it through was the key to turning my dream into a reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment