Translate

Monday, September 8, 2014

Inspiration: Huffington Post (Vol. 2 Ch.5)

After my initial thought about how I would create SPR, I began doing a lot of research on the history and future of technology in relation to the record industry. While surfing the web I stumbled across a Huffington Post article titled "You're Out: 20 Things That Became Obsolete This Decade." Lo and behold, smack dab in the middle of the list was number 10, the compact disk. The first thought that came to mind was wondering how artists were going to send their music to distributors once CDs, in fact, became obsolete. This only helped reaffirm my belief that artists needed a new approach to getting their music out to the masses.

 Huffington Post
Ultimately, the CD will become obsolete, but the smartphone, however, will last for generations to come. And while there are many factors that helped keep my vision for SPR alive, this article somehow seemed to reassure me that I was headed in the right direction. See you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment