Translate

Monday, January 6, 2014

One Day At A Time

Last August, when I first contemplated writing a blog, I told myself that it would only be for a year. On that very first entry I wrote about how much I loathed writing, and that I couldn't imagine having something to "say" for 52 consecutive weeks. Before long I was reminded that all journeys begin with a first step and that staying focused on what was right in front of me instead of all around me and beyond would help me succeed. I also began to pay more attention to my daily activities in general, and to take copious notes when I found myself in situations that I thought had important lessons or helpful information that I felt would be worthwhile to pass along.

SPR Blog How to accomplish any goal

For me, 52 topics to think of is a big task in itself, but keeping my focus on one week at a time has, so far, been rather manageable and enjoyable. I'm far from reaching my goal of 52 entries, as I still have 30 weeks remaining, but like they say "a yard is hard, but an inch by inch is a cinch." What's your first inch going to be?

No comments:

Post a Comment