Translate

Monday, January 13, 2014

Managing What You Make

We, as a society, place a lot of emphasis on making things--making products, making changes, and I'd like to think everyone's favorite, making money. But on the contrary, very little emphasis is placed on managing these things once they're made, which, in my opinion, is just as important, if not more.


There are countless success stories about people reaching the top, only to fall off because they failed to manage the heights and responsibilities that came with it. A musician can make a song, but how they manage that song to guide it to become a successful hit is a completely different task in itself. I tend to refer to this concept often when I consider creating something. What will I do with it after? When it's money I want to make, what will my next step be once I have it?  If it's a product or an idea I've got in mind, what will my plan of action be once it's complete?

So with that said, I'll leave you with a saying my Pops once said to me: "Son, everything you make has to be managed and how you manage it, is what makes the difference."

No comments:

Post a Comment