Translate

Monday, May 12, 2014

My Three Favorite Five Letter Words, continued...

UNTIL

Alas, the final word of my three favorite five letter words. If you haven't already done so, I invite you to check out posts three and 25 regarding the first two. For today, I want to give the final word, and that is "until".


We all need something that motivates us to keep moving towards the future. For most, it's a goal or a dream that helps us to keep moving. For me, I find that the word "until" is like a bridge between you and that goal or mission. Moreover, it's a tough word because it doesn't let you off the hook. It holds you responsible for your promises. For example, when I'm writing these entries, sometimes the ideas flow easily, other times it's a struggle. When the latter happens, I sit down and tell myself to keep brainstorming UNTIL I come up with an idea or UNTIL my thoughts become clear. It's similar to learning how to ride a bike for the first time and falling UNTIL you get your balance situated enough to ride smoothly. Because what's even more important than having a goal is actually completing that goal, whether big or small. That feeling of accomplishment and knowing that you finished what you started is enough to boost your self confidence to pursue bigger dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment