Translate

Monday, February 3, 2014

I'm M.A.D.!

I keep a lot of little sticky notes next to my computer with quotes and phrases that help me stay focused on my goals. There's a note in particular that always jumps out at me. It reads: Are you M.A.D.? This acronym stands for "Making A Decision," and for some reason, it always moves me into action.I like this question because for me, it turns what would typically be a negative thought into a motivating message.
M.A.D. Make A Decision
Interestingly enough, many inventions and technological breakthroughs happen out of frustration and pure dissatisfaction by what the current market has to offer. For example, James Dyson, creator of the Dyson vacuum, became frustrated with the design and lack of mobility of the Hoover vacuum he owned, thus inspiring him to invent one that he felt better suited his and the consumer's needs. Likewise, this same idea can be applied not just in business but in life as well. I think it's safe to assume that we've all done this at some point in our lives, whether it was for personal, professional, health, or spiritual reasons. That's the great thing about this life we're living. If we don't like something, chances are, we can change them. That can be good and bad, and that's not to say it won't come without a sacrifice, a price, a risk, or even a little controversy. Or if you're lucky, you can get by unscathed. But either way, the important thing is that you Made A Decision. Some we'll be proud of and some we'll regret, but without them we gain no personal growth.

So now it's your turn--What about your life has you M.A.D.?

No comments:

Post a Comment