Translate

Monday, February 17, 2014

Fearful or Fearless?

Many people think that celebrities or pro athletes don't have butterflies or aren't afraid before they perform; that the spotlight is reserved for a special select group of fearless people. I mention this because no matter who we are or what we do, we're all afraid at some point because it's part of the human experience. If you're a on top you fear falling off, if you're still climbing, you fear you'll never make it to the top. Fear escapes no one, and I'm no exception. If I follow my dream what will people say about me? Will I fail? But if I don't, will I regret it?
In this aspect, we're all the same. The difference, however, is the ability some have to overcome fear that others do not. The fear of criticism is very real, so much so that I'm willing to bet it's one of the primary reasons (if not THE primary reason) why more of us don't pursue our passion. But regardless of where you are in your life, you're going to get criticized, and everyone is going to think they have a right to judge your decisions. So for this reason, you might as well get moving and go after your dream. You'll only regret it if you choose to forget it. And like they say--don't let someone dim your light just because it's shining in their eyes.



No comments:

Post a Comment