Translate

Monday, August 18, 2014

It All Started With "Wouldn't it be cool if..." (Vol. 2 Ch. 2)

When I left New York and moved back to California in 2011 to help take care of my father, he and I would spend a lot of time together in our backyard. He liked to dwell in an old red shed, which was referred to as "Big Beau's Crib." The trailer connected to it was used for storage and believe me, my parents stored a lot of shit in there. One day while looking for something, it hit me. It was the perfect size for a studio. It was small, easy to manage, and had all the accommodations to make it happen. All it needed was to be cleaned up. So after getting my parents blessing, I got to work.
Where it all began...
I cleaned out the trailer and set up shop. I didn't have much to start with. Believe it or not, all I had was my laptop, a software system (Protools), and my iPhone. I downloaded both the "Music Studio" and "BeatMaker 2" app. With these I would create beats from my smartphone, transfer them to Protools, and record my vocals via my laptop.

After months of recording and adding the finishing touches I was finally prepared to release my first track on iTunes. And then during what seemed to be a never-ending night of burning CDs for distribution, I had a sudden revelation. Wouldn't it be cool if...I could sell my music straight from my smartphone.

Thanks for reading. See you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment