Translate

Monday, September 9, 2013

U Down Wit O.P.P? (Learn from others)

What's the cheapest and most efficient way to learn about life? If you ask me, it would be learning from other people. You know, like OPP--other peoples problems, other peoples progress, other people, period. Whether it's directly from a mentor, a friend, a family member or coming indirectly from an autobiography, a documentary, or a movie, the source itself really doesn't matter. What's important is the lesson. 
SmartPhoneRecords Blog
Yeah you know me;)

Some might argue that personal experience is the best teacher, but I contend that it all depends on what it is you want to learn. For example, if you're going thorough a difficult phase in your life, it can be helpful to know the ways in which someone else overcame similar struggles.  If someone has accomplished something that you dream of doing, learning about their story may save you time, as well as expedite your learning curve. 

When I would share with investors the idea behind SPR, I would get pissed when they failed to share my vision, or tell me all the ways in which it wouldn't work. But once I learned about Thomas Edison and his invention of the light bulb, or the story of Pandora and the many roadblocks that were encountered prior to its huge success, I began to feel less discouraged, and more motivated. Believe it or not, both of these world-wide, life-altering inventions were once turned down by so-called "smart" investors.

With the world as big as it is, chances are there isn't one person who hasn't walked a mile in your shoes before. So, don't be afraid to find out their background and see how it can apply to your life. After all, you never know the affect your story can have on the next person.

No comments:

Post a Comment