Translate

Monday, September 16, 2013

Gravity (Embrace Resistance)

Lately I've been so busy trying to take care of my business that I quickly fell behind in writing this week's entry. Because I waited until the last minute, it came as no surprise when I hit a writer's block and couldn't come up with anything to talk about. Despite having inspirational stories and tons of notes that I'd jotted down throughout the week, when it was time to get this blog ready, I was stumped.

Artwork by ~FuzzyLumpkat

I began scrolling through my notes and came across the word "Gravity." I remember writing it down three days ago, if only I could remember the reason why. It did, for some unknown reason, trigger a thought at that moment pertaining to my writers block issue. I found it interesting that my inability to come up with a thought would actually be the driving force that inspired this week's topic. Instead of getting overwhelmed with frustration because things didn't go as smoothly as I would have liked, I decided to embrace the fact that I was stuck, and share it with you. 

Normally, I try to provide you with a blog that's informative, but sometimes, you just gotta call them like you see them. Sometimes these things happen. And when they do, you've just got to embrace them for what they are, rather than put up resistance and fight. Once I acknowledged this, somehow it was liberating because it immediately took the pressure off of drafting an entry that I knew I wasn't prepared to write. Liberating because I accepted my shortcomings and realized that sometimes, things aren't going to go as planned. Life gets in the way. And sometimes, that's okay, too. 

So the next time you experience something that doesn't go as planned, just remember you're not alone, and embrace it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment