Translate

Monday, October 13, 2014

Who's Your Biggest Competitor? (Vol 2, Chap. 10)

Whenever I'm in a business meeting I am almost always confronted with the question, "Who's your biggest competitor?"  To be completely honest, I never really gave it much thought when I initially began building SPR. Actually, I wasn't trying to compete with anyone. I just wanted to solve a problem that would allow me more freedom to release my music, and to do so on my terms.


It never offends me when someone compares SPR to Soundcloud, iTunes or Pandora, etc. because the truth of the matter is, these are very successful multimillion dollar companies we are being compared to. So I understand the logic that one of the easiest ways to sell something is to compare it to another, but to me, I will always believe that the the art of creating is more productive than the act of comparing.

No comments:

Post a Comment