Translate

Monday, March 10, 2014

Permission Slip (Why you don't need approval)

I attended elementary school at Elizabeth Sherman in East Oakland. I remember whenever we would have to use the restroom or leave the class for any reason we had to get a permission slip. Now even though the slip was just a piece of paper, it gave me two things: authority and security.



Which brings me to today's post. As adults I think we often fall into that same idea-- the need for "permission" to pursue our dreams. The reality is, the fact that you have a dream and a clear vision of what you want to be is permission enough. The only thing holding you back is you. You don't need anyone co-signing your goals, and you certainly don't need anyone's approval. So get busy building your dream, or you'll find yourself helping someone else build theirs. Find the will to make it happen and the resolve to see it through.

2 comments:

  1. Wow....I just thought that was a message for me....hey I'm the type of person will help others without expecting anything in return...I'm too busy caught up in the mess that forget to live my life my dream....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jessica!

      Glad you were able to relate to our post. We really hope you're able to set some time aside to put toward YOUR dreams. You matter! Remember, we only get one life. Good luck and get building!

      Delete